2016 한국문학번역원 번역아카데미 정규과정 제9기 연수지원자 모집
LTI Korea Translation Academy
Call for Applications to the LTI Korea Translation Academy Regular Course
The LTI Korea Translation Academy offers several courses for aspiring translators of Korean literature from all around the world. Designed for people who are deeply interested in translating Korean literature, the Regular Course was earlier offered as a one-year program. With the vision of transforming the Academy into a graduate school of translation, we expanded it into a two-year program in 2015. We are looking for talented applicants who will rise to the challenge of translating Korean literature, thereby contributing to the growth of its global readership.
LTI Korea Translation Academy Fellowship
The LTI Translation Academy Fellowship is open to native speakers of any of the following languages: English, French, German, Russian and Spanish. The fellowship is designed to allow foreign students to devote themselves fully to their study of literary translation during their stay in Korea.
The fellowship includes: Round-trip airfare, monthly stipend of 1.6 million KRW, visa sponsorship, health insurance, and tuition waiver
About the Program
■ Languages: English, French, German, Russian, Spanish
■ Eligibility: Foreigners interested in translating Korean literature
※ Fellowship recipients are ineligible to apply for scholarships offered by other organizations while studying at the Academy.
※ A certificate of completion is issued at the end of each year
■ Number of Fellowships: 3-4 for each language
■ Curriculum: Translation of Korean Literary Texts, Study of Translation Styles, Korean Literature, Korean Culture, Korean Language
- The program also offers activities such as meetings with Korean writers and cultural excursions.
■ Faculty: Professors of literature, translation, and Korean language and culture
■ Duration: September 2016–June 2018
- 1st Year: September 2016–June 2017
- 2nd Year: September 2017–June 2018
(Fall Semester: September–December | Spring Semester: March–June)
How to Apply
■ Application Documents: Application form, personal statement written in Korean, a letter of recommendation, sample translation of a literary work, and a certificate of Bachelor's degree
- The application and personal statement forms, and the letter of recommendation form can be downloaded from the LTI Korea website. (ltikorea.org)
- Foreign applicants may submit a certificate of registration and academic transcripts in place of a bachelor's degree certificate.
- Text to be translated: 「왼손잡이 여인」, 김숨, 『2015 제39회 이상문학상 작품집』, 문학사상사, 2015, pp. 62–69(until the 8th line from the top of the page)
■ Selection Criteria: Application review, sample translation review and telephone interview
- Applications can be made online (academy.klti.or.kr) or by email (email@example.com). The applications should be received no later than 24:00(Korean standard time) April 30, 2016.
■ Application Period: April 1–30, 2016
■ Announcement of Candidates for Telephone Interview: May 18, 2016
■ Telephone Interview: May 23–27, 2016
■ Final Result Announcement: June 8, 2016
Contact: Ms. Lee, Min A (Tel: +82-2-6919-7752 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
|다음 글||2016 한국문학번역원 번역아카데미 특별과정 제9기 필기시험 합격자 안내.|
|이전 글||2016 한국문학번역원 번역아카데미 정규과정 제9기 수강생 모집|