The LTI Korea hosts 2019 Translator-in-Residence program to offer translators from abroad an opportunity to gain deeper understanding of Korean literature. Participants of the program will have the opportunity to hands-on experience Korean literary culture and nurture their literary translation skills.
Target Participants (Qualifications)
Translators, scholars and other translation/publication professionals residing overseas who meet one of the following conditions:
- Has had at least 1 translated work (literature/culture/arts) published overseas (including literary magazine)
- Has made a significant contribution to the dissemination of Korean literature overseas
- Has been the recipient of a Korean or international prize or translation grant for the translation of a Korean literary, cultural or artistic text
※ Please include specific details: name of the prize or literary magazine, year of receipt, etc.
Program Period: July 2019 – November 2019
- Financial Support: Living expenses, roundtrip airfare, and accommodation
- Activities Provided: meetings with writers, translation seminars, etc.
(Translation seminars will only be provided from July to August. Please apply within this period if you wish to participate in this program.)
※ All programs will be conducted in Korean.
Length of Stay: 21 days within the program period
Applicants are asked to submit the following documents by email (firstname.lastname@example.org):
1) Residency program application form (fixed format, can be downloaded from the LTI Korea website)
2) Personal statement & Translation research activity proposal (any format, around 3 pages of A4)
3) Agreement to the collection of personal information (can be downloaded from the LTI Korea website)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 21st 24:00 KST
Selection Announcement: Applicants will be notified of their result in May. The list of selected candidates will also be announced on the LTI Korea website (http://www.ltikorea.or.kr).
Final Report: All participants of this program are required to turn in a final report (fixed format) within 1 month of completion.
Division of Education Program, Heesu Choi(email@example.com / +82-2-6919-7756)