2020 LTI Korea Translation Award for Aspiring Translators
2020 LTI Korea Translation Award forAspiring Translators seeks to discover new talent in literary translation whowill serve as a bridge between Korean and global literatures.
· Targetlanguages: English, French, German,Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese and Arabic
· Settexts(Please select one from the listbelow.):
『궁핍한 날의 벗』 (태학사, 2000)
『안회남 선집』(현대문학, 2010)
『2019 김승옥문학상 수상작품집』(문학동네, 2019)
· Eligibility:Applications are welcome from translators of all nationalities who have not yetreceived an official translation grant or published a translated work of Koreanliterature in their target language. Co-translations are not accepted.
※ Applicantswhose previous translations only appeared in LTI Korea Translation Academyand/or Translation Atelier collections are eligible.
-One winner will be selected in each language category.
- Each winner will be awarded 5,000,000 KRW and a plaque.
※ Theprize for overseas residents includes a trip to Seoul(round-tripairfare and accommodation)
to attend the award ceremony.
-Application(Please downloadthe application form from our website.)
-Translation manuscript(in PDFformat)
※ You must translate theentire text including the title.
※Personal information(your name, school, address, etc.) must not appear anywhere on the submitted manuscript.
· Applications are accepted by email only: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Application Period: May 1 ~ June 26(24:00 KST),2020
· Announcement of Results: The results will be announced in October 2, 2020on our website and all winners will be notified individually.
· Award Ceremony: Mid-December 2020
· For further enquiries, please email us at email@example.com