The LTI Korea hosts 2020Translator-in-Residence program to offer translators from abroad an opportunityto gain deeper understanding of Korean literature. Participants of the programwill have the opportunity to hands-on experience Korean literary culture andnurture their literary translation skills.
Target Participants (Qualifications)
Translators, scholarsand other translation/publication professionals residing overseas who meet one of the following conditions:
- Has had at least 1translated work (literature/culture/arts) published overseas (including literarymagazine)
- Has made asignificant contribution to the dissemination of Korean literature overseas
- Has been therecipient of a Korean or international prize or translation grant for thetranslation of a Korean literary, cultural or artistic text
※ Please include specific details: name of theprize or literary magazine, year of receipt, etc.
Program Period: July2020 – November 2020
- Financial Support: Livingexpenses(up to ₩3,300,000) and roundtrip airfare
- Activities Provided:meetings with writers, translation/Korean literature lectures, etc.
(Translation/Korean literature lectures will only be provided from Julyto August. Please apply within this period if you wish to participate inthis program.)
※ All programs will be conducted in Korean.
Length of Stay: 21 days within the program period
Applicants are asked to submit the following documents by email (firstname.lastname@example.org):
1) Residency program applicationform (fixed format, can be downloaded from the LTI Korea website)
2) Personal statement& Translation research activityproposal (any format, around 3 pages of A4)
3) Agreement to thecollection of personal information (can be downloaded from the LTI Koreawebsite)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 19th 24:00 KST
Selection Announcement: Applicants will be notified oftheir result in May. The list of selected candidates will also beannounced on the LTI Korea website. (https://www.ltikorea.or.kr/kr/board/notice/boardList.do)
Final Report: All participants of this program are required to turn in a final report(fixed format) within 1 month of completion.
Division of Education Program, HeesuChoi (email@example.com/ +82-2-6919-7756)